How to migrate a wordpress installation to a new server using softaculous
1) Perform website backup with softaculous, download file
2) Upload to /home/USERNAME/softaculous_backups directory on new server (check file dir permissions are not restrictive (eg chmod -> dir 755 file 644)
3) Find similarly named info file in /home/USERNAME/.softaculous/backups on old server, download file
4) Modify info file, change softpath to actual PATH used on new server, change softdbuser to DATABASEUSER on new server (you may have to create new user and associate with DB), update softdbpass with new DATABASEUSER’s PASSWORD
5) Upload the modified info file to /home/USERNAME/.softaculous/backups/ on new server
6) You should now be able to see backup file on new server in softaculous and successfully restore from backup
You probably have to change the wordpress config file to reflect the new usernames, paths etc.